This message is from: Anneli Sundkvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>>Hjerter-Knaeght (pronounced something like "yet-to-connect" - funny name
for a breeding stallion) was an interesting horse.>>

I'd just like to add that Hjerter Knaeght means 'Jack of hearts'. A man I
know as a kid had a Belgian stallion with the same name but spelled the
Swedish way - Hjärter Knekt. Actually 'card-names' are pretty popular here
in Sweden (and in Denmark?). I recall horses named 'Ruter Knekt' (Jack of
Diamonds), Spader Dam (Queen of Spades) and I'm sure there have been others.

I guess the same tradition exists at least in Ireland since one of the most
famous sires when it comes to show jumpers are King of Diamonds.

Regards from Anneli in Sweden