This message is from: "Bushnell's" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Meredith's recent story about the electric fence reminded me of an unusual
incident that occurred this winter.

Our son, Monte, has a Fjord gelding that he has evidentally bonded with,
also a Morab filly, and between the two has recorded 600 trail miles for
the past year alone. These are mountainous miles too as he lives in a
remote spot up high. His Fjord, aka "Henry," is well muscled and
responsive.. well, except for a week's vacation time they were A.W.O.L.,
but that's another story.

(Monte said I could tell this story if I include his eligible bachelor
status and ask single ladies to please send foto of Fjord :o)

Okay.. here it is..

He keeps Henry and Smokie together in a small solar wired pen. One upright
fell down and Henry scurried out for the hay bale pile nearby. Monte
quickly put him back in the pen, scolding him, and fixed it. (so he
thought) It happens again... he scolds him firmly and fixes it better. Only
some time later he discovers Henry has been out again but this time he
returned into the pen of his own accord and apparently DRUG an entire bale
of hay some 30 feet into the corral for himself and his comrade Morab to
enjoy together. Amazing!

Monte was dumbfounded, it could not have been anyone else, though he
checked for tracks in the snow. He thinks he has the smartest Fjord in the
world.

Ruthie Bushnell, Bushwhacker Fjords, in the northwestern tip of Montana
where it is wintry again! (where'd those Robins go?)