This message is from: Sessoms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi everyone ... I have lots of questions.  Steve and I have been farm
shopping.  Most of the pasture around here is planted in Bermuda and
fescue for cattle.  I plan to try to raise Fjordlings and I know that
fescue can cause tragic results when pregnant mares graze on it.

Can you manage to eradicate fescue through disking and seeding, etc. or
do you take drastic action and chemically kill the existing grass from
the get-go?????  We have never managed ag land before and would
appreciate any advice.  Also, what are your favorite sites, books,
journals, etc. for ag info?????

Also, which grasses do you guys feel makes the best pasture for
Fjordinger?????  Do you plant different grasses for a hay field and
pasture?????  Do you like to have a richer pasture with a little alfalfa
for yearlings, two year-olds, broodmares?????

And, does fertilizing the pasture make the grass too rich for
Fjordinger.  Do you like to fertilize every year/ every second year?????

Meredith Sessoms
Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
~  Dorina  ~  NFR Aagot  .~:~.  Fjords