This message is from: "Laurie Pittman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello everyone,
      I'm new to the mailing list and just want to say hello. I agree with
not crossbreeding the Fjord. I saw a picture of one in the Driving Digest a
while back that was a fjord/hackney(and maybe welsh) cross. Think fjord body
on hackney legs! Soundness problems just begging to happen. And I'm amazed
at the attitude of that vet.
     I have a 4 1/2 year old Fjord gelding, Paradise's Tor, who has been
quite a challenge. Someone forgot to tell him what fjords are supposed to be
like, hehe. I'll have to tell some "Tor" stories for you sometime. I also
have a 15 1/2 year old Quarter Horse, Copper, that I've owned since he was
born. I drive both of my horses now. Mostly pleasure driving, but I have
competed in one combined driving event with Copper, and I hope to with Tor
this year or next, depending on how he's doing.
     If anyone is interested, I've been building a web site for my photos of
Fjords, mine and lots of others from various competitions. Oh yeah, I think
Copper got in there too. Please let me know what you think. If you like it,
feel free to add a link to it from your own site, and let me know if you
would like me to add a link to yours. The address is
www.angelfire.com/wa/torshome Thanks, I hope you all enjoy the photos. I'm
looking forward to hearing from fjord people. I'm glad I finally found this
mailing list.

Laurie Pittman