This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (James Rollins)

     Greetings from Kathy Rollins in Deer park, WA. (just north of
Spokane),

     I have been reading with great interest the discussion on feeding.
My vet is constantly hearing me say how frustrated i am in coming up
with the best choices  for each individual.  I have to admit that i am
pleased at least to be in such good company!  I grew up in NH and had
morgans there.  They were easy keepers but  nothing like the effiecient
fjord.  I agree that we need to look at the individual on a daily,
weekly, seasonal, and breeding basis to keep them in their best shape.
I am learning all the time.
     I was tickled to see someone feeding sugar beets as this was a
staple in the diet of the horses I cared for while I was  in England.
It was in a huge damp silage pile however, different from the dry
mixture Carol spoke of.  I would be interested to know what company puts
the dry mixture out, how available it is ,and what the cost would be.
Do you have that info Carol?
     It is cold here with about five inches of snow.  Too icy to do any
horse activities except fussing and grooming!  In two months our mares
head to Canada to be bred to Trinity's Samstein and Penfrydd's Raynor.
We are very excited about this and it will be hard to wait to see if I
get the filly or fillies I am hoping for!  Actually healthy foals wil be
our goal.
     The PNFPG is getting ready for our spring meeting which will be
held in Canada this April.  We are hoping for a great turnout and
welcome any newcomers to come and join in on the fun.  We are hoping to
have an informative speaker there as well and will keep everyone updated
on that.  As far as promotional items, we have a large supply of them.
Just contact me privately.
     Thanks and congratulations to the Colorado gals and their great
presentation!  Thanks also to Anne, Gayle, Brian, Ursula, and many
others for contributing important info to the list.  Kathy R.