This message is from: "Oscar & Shirley Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Greetings from north Idaho, where winter hasn't made an appearance yet
(normally have several feet of snow this late in January and today it is
warm and rainy).  My sleigh is looking very neglected.  I have been lurking
in the shadows of the list for some time.  I will try a quick introduction.
We purchased "Bud" our first Fjord in 1993, and began selling quarter horses
the following spring.  We currently have 14 Fjords and are expecting 3
babies this spring.    We ride mainly, but have joined an area driving club
this year, so look forward to learning more.  Our youngest daughter, Laree,
has shown our horses in the 4-H program.  That has been a learning
experience, as she rode the first Fjord in Idaho's District 1.  We also show
at Libby.

I am writing today (hope I have the right format-Steve) to add my 2 cents
worth on the subject of foaling.  Consider adding a baby bottle to the list
of items to have on hand that appeared on yesterdays digest.  You can pick
up suitable bottles at the feed store or recycle.  The bottle I use is from
my baby-sitting days, but keep in mind that foals may not be as gentle on a
bottle, so watch the nipple.  I have used a bottle only once in 9 births,
and was rewarded with a healthy foal for my efforts.

Shirley Anderson
Oscar's Round Mountain Fjords
Naples, Idaho