This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 1/20/99 9:42:35 Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< As Julie said povidone iodine is a good choice to use and is readily
 available at your local drug store.  Nolvasan is fine too, but with
 either one you should dilute it to at least one part solution to 10 parts
 water. >>

Thanks for the info.  With our earlier baby (palomino born in New Mexico) I
used betadine and didn't have any problem.  With the last two, there was no
infection, but both babies carried around their stumps with them for quite a
long time.  Wonder if there's a connection.  Will go out and pick up some
povodine (unless one of you tells me that betadine is a wonderful choice too).

Pamela