This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> saskia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Does anybody know Gail Ivey? I am thinking of doing a clinic of hers
> (with Sybren), but never saw her at work, only heard that she was very
> interesting...

I know someone named Gail Ivey---wonder if it's the same person?  She
lives near San Jose, California, trains horses via "natural
horsemanship" techniques, and does some massage therapy stuff (not
sure of the term she uses) for horses.  I didn't know that she did
clinics, especially as far afield as Belgium, tho....

I've not seen Gail train, but have had her out to my place, to
"massage" the donkey and the Fjords.  Sleepy had a long-standing minor
unevenness in the way he was moving, which the vet hadn't been able to
see, let alone locate.  Gail traced it to a muscle spasm under/behind
the point-of-shoulder joint and "released" it, which fixed his
unevenness!  (Best guess is that he strained it one of the times he
was "playing" in the mud---stepped on the heel of his front shoe with
a hind hoof, then tried to lift that "nailed down" front hoof at a
canter, then scrambled to keep from falling down.)

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               anything that can go wrong, will!
30 mi SSE of San Francisco, Calif.
-------