This message is from: saskia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Lisa!

nice to hear from you!!! If you knew how many times I have planned to get
out of bed at 3 a.m. and then... (well, you can imagine what followed...).

Sybren had *growing pains* again this last month. He is 18 months old now
and some months ago, I was worrying because he seemed to have stopped
growing. For the *worse*, I had been to an evaluation in Holland and all
the yearlings seemed so much bigger than him.
Well, one evening I was hugging him and thinking that it didn't matter
how small he would remain... the following morning, I went to feed them
and he came trotting to me from the back of the pasture... I really
called out: "What happened to you!!!" - he really seemed to have grown
tremendously in a few hours time! And he went on and on, every day he
seemed bigger than the day before. His face is changing too, though he
can still pull 'foal-faces' very well, when Kitty is chasing him!

Of course it really doesn't matter how big or small he is, but it is so
amazing to watch that growth! Do other people with yearlings remark this
too, or do they grow in a more steady way?

As for our farm, we will be moving in March at last!!! (Time goes slowly
when you're impatient!!!). And Flor is coming with us, but right now he
is still at the riding school. I really don't dare putting him in the mud
here and the stable here is too small for four. So, he must wait to move
until we all move. But I'm going to pay him off soon, and then pay for
his lodgings, so he will be a "private" horse which means I can put him
in the pasture of the school whenever I want (the school's horses never
are). And ride him (which I still never have done, but I've watched
beginning kids ride him... a reassuring sight!!!).

>Yea Yea, its nice, but we have Earthquakes, Fires, Floods, El Nino, LA Riots,
>Scorching Heat in the summer, and 2 and 1/2 hour commutes to drive 16 miles
>every weekday, which 100,000 more people line up to do each year, and now we
>get to pay tolls 2 X's for the benifit of THAT !
hm! sounds nice!!! :-)
We have had rain, rain and rain and then some rain too. Everything is
mud, the earth is over-saturated... even after a few dry days (like now),
you still have to wade through water and mud... :-(

Steve, I joined the clicker-list some time ago! It is really fascinating!
I ordered the book, but it seems to take some time to get it...
I love Tanks picture with the ball (voted for him, of course! he's at 73
% of the votes!!!).

Does anybody know Gail Ivey? I am thinking of doing a clinic of hers
(with Sybren), but never saw her at work, only heard that she was very
interesting...

Happy Fjording to all! And a very Happy New Year!!!

Saskia (from Belgium, waterland) + Zipje (new nick-name for Sybren!),
Kiddo & Janosch.

ps Lisa, see you tonight! It's a promise! (BTW almost every movie I see
these last weeks has or the Dairy Queen in it, or a Blizzard or a Sundae
or how do you call it?)