This message is from: Ingrid Ivic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Susan,

>  I started buying the large ones.  I called my vet because I was worried
> they were getting too much salt but he said it's fine as long as they have
> unlimited water supply.
>
> I also think it helps when they're bored!  Susan from Minnesota

    I use the larger blocks now too. Seems when I had the little blocks
put in their stalls, they actually "ate" them up. I believe it was out
of boredom (something to chew / play with?) during the night. Now, no
salt in the stalls, only the huge blocks out in each paddock, next to
the water tanks. When I remember to cover them up before it rains, they
last quite a while. The last ones I bought were in the summer.

Hi Jean,

> From Jean Gayle, who may have a fj=F6rd soon!!!!!!!!!!  Careful on that=
>  corn.
> How many horses died from one of the most dangerous molds found in dried
> corn?  I live in fear of the kids in this neighbirhood feeding my horses a
> handful of old scratch from their chickens. =20
> Jean Gayle  --- A Subscriber at Techline=20

    I know what you mean about kids and "non-horsey" neighbours feeding
your animals things. Bordering on a somewhat residential, development
type area...sigh, it's one of those things I worry about too. Those
"darling little neighbour kids" love to throw everything over and
through the fences...grrr.
    We've had candy wrappers, baling twine, tissues, slimy lettuce, old
corn from the garden next door, toys...etc. finding their way over here.
Quite a challenge to remain personable and informative to folks who
don't understand that some of these items can be quite dangerous should
they be swallowed by the horses.
    I also cringe when I see children put their fingers through the
fences to touch the ponies...ours are quite friendly and haven't nipped
anyone yet...but, you know how that can go....!
     Has anyone else had troubles with neighbours and children being
unknowingly "ignorant"?  Just curious...Ingrid