This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Joel a harman)

Sounds like your oat hay was cut too late. Grain raised for hay should be
cut in the "milk" stage, just as the heads are starting to form. That way
there is still some nutrition in the stalk & it isn't as fibrous.
Remember fjords are ponies & should be able to utilize "rougher"
roughage than horses.

This isn't scientific but maybe one should turn the horses out so they
don't stand around & eat bedding. The mud & cold hasn't harmed my horses
yet. I think it is mostly out of boredom that they eat it. Give them a
big ball on a string or some such thing to play with.

Happy Trails

Joel Harman

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]