This message is from: "Bill Walton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi All,
This is my first time to write to the list so bear with me.  I have been
quite interested in reading the various comments of late about Vanja.  About
3 months ago I bought 2 Fjords, a mother and daughter, from Klaas Van Zee.
He said the mother's name was Thunhild, which I thought was a bit clumsy so
asked what they called her on a day to day basis, thinking that she may be
called something like "Thune" or "Hildy".  Klaas said they called her
"Vanja" because that is what they had always called her and when the mix ups
had been cleared up they just kept calling her Vanja. Thunhild is pregnant
by Klaas's stud Sven II and is due to foal in May or June.  Sven II is also
the sire of Katrina, the 2 year old daughter.  Sven II is the son of Leif
who I have seen mentioned here also.  I have been using Thunhild and Katrina
together in harness pulling a hay wagon for rides.  Katrina was letting her
mother do all the work (typical kid) but after a couple times out she was
steadily pulling her share.  I plan to breed Katrina in the spring when she
turns 3 so am looking for appropriate stud in the area.  We like the short,
draftier look. Thunhild is 13.2 and about 1,200 lbs..  She is a bit fat now
but we are working on that.  They are certainly sweet horses.

Bill Walton
White Bear Lake, Minnesota