This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Brian--

  I believe your video idea is excellent. However, I think the key
  element to making it really work is buried at the end when you say:
> There are some details that would need to go along with it, like
> educating breeders about A.I. so these stallions would be more
> available...
  That is the secret to the success of the warmblood registries in
  North America. You never see a warmblood stallion advertised that
  does not have the availability of shipped semen. That's what opens a
  really wide market to the stallion owner and makes it worthwhile to
  haul their horse across the country to an evaluation. I just went
  through the latest issue of the Herald and found only four stallion
  ads offering shipped semen. Perhaps the registry should make
  education on A.I. a priority project. I know that there is much to
  learn about collecting and shipping semen, and perhaps more people
  would make the effort if information were easily available from the
  registry. And I wonder if the $100 price tag on the transport permit
  might not be keeping more folks from participating?

--
Steve McIlree & Cynthia Madden -- Pferd, Keyah, Skipper, Tank -- Omaha,
Nebraska, USA