This message is from: Ingrid Ivic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> But I
> see others of you already heading out the back door for the garden
> gleefully but semi-coherently, with a slightly glazed look to your eye
> and spittle coming out the corners of your mouth, snickering over and
> over "so, you want to chew on wood do you?!"
>
> Brian Jacobsen, DVM  : ^ )
> Norwegian Fjordhest Ranch
> Salisbury, North Carolina

    Oh Brian...that was me!  Lovely description by the way.....*BIG
GRIN*    Seriously though, I was wondering when someone was going to
mention how bad it is for horses to chew wood. Since ours are turned out
nearly all the time, I haven't come across too much of a problem...just
those occaisional times they need to be kept in when they drive me
batty! I have found the "Louisiana Hot Sauce" works well for a short
time...then for some reason, they ignore it. Of all the breeds I've seen
so far, these little fjords are the worst for chewing wood. Could it be
they are so intelligent, they get bored much quicker? I think so...the
little darlins...Aaarrrgggghhhh!   Ingrid   ;o)