This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Winter has arrived here with the first snow fall a week ago and my
> Fjords immediately turned into a pack of beavers.  I looked out the
> day after the first 1/2 " of snow fell to see three of the four Fjords
> lined up chewing on the fence.  It was like a contest to see who could
> demolish it first!  They had not touched the rails all summer, so why
> does the snow bring about this behavior?

This came up recently on the LONGEARS list (donkeys and mules).
Someone said that an old vet book attributed post-frost wood-chewing
to bot larvae migrating thru the animal's mouth/stomach.  It probably
wouldn't hurt to worm everyone with Ivermectin (again)....

Marsha Jo Hannah                Murphy must have been a horseman--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               anything that can go wrong, will!
30 mi SSE of San Francisco, Calif.
-------