This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Arthur  Rivoire)

Hi Everybody from Carol Rivoire at Beaver Dam Farm in Nova Scotia -

I have a suggetion for the BOD, and offer it through this forum rather than
 sending a letter.  My suggetion concerns Regustry business, which
afterall, is the business of most everyone on the list. And by airing the
suggestion here, rather than by post, the opportunity for feedback, both
positive and negative, is much greater, and much faster.

My proposal is that the BOD formerly invite people on the list to submit
creative ideas on how our breed could be better promoted by the NFHR.  It
would be "cyber brainstorming."  Invite everyone to think creatively, and
not be deterred by cost, because if a particularly good idea is too costly,
perhaps it could be reworked and made affordable.  --  Mike could collect
these ideas to submit to the BOD.  He probably already has a good start on
the list from suggestions made recently.

I think "cyber brainstorming" is a terrific use of this medium for the
benefit of the Registry, and all Fjord owners.  What do you think?

Another thought on Promotion -  The NFHR has been at Equitana 3 years.  I
believe the cost last time was $7,000.  Correct me if wrong. I'm wondering
if the return is really worth the money spent.  ---- Our personal
esperience was negative.  I went down in '97 armed with brochures and sales
lists to represent Beaver Dam Farm, and didn't get the response we normally
get with a $250 ad, and Equitana cost us $1500.   Other breeders (not
Fjords) said the same thing.  It wasn't the best place for their
advertising dollars.

So, I'm wondering if Equitana is the best use of Registry money.  ----
The Registry could survey breeders to see if they sold horses as a result
of Equitana.  I'm not saying our presence isn't a good thing, but it is
something the BOD should questin before spending another $7,000 of our
money.  Perhaps there's a better use of promotional funds.

Regards,  Carol Rivoire

Carol and Arthur Rivoire
Beaver Dam Farm Fjords II
R.R. 7 Pomquet