This message is from: Larson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Date: Tue 29 Sep 98 10:35:05-PDT
>From: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: Balding Lady Fjord
>
>This message is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>(The other theory is that it's something they do on purpose, just to freak out
>their new owners....)
>Massaging something mildly oily onto it (sunscreen, insect repellant,
>aloe, or whatever) will protect it from the elements, and will make
>YOU feel better; it might even hurry up the hair regrowth a little.

Marsha - You have a delightful sense of the ridiculous!  It is amazing how
often we do things for our horses to
make US feel better.  Case in point:  We rarely have winter weather in the
teens.  But, if it is going below 32
degrees, my husband blankets all the horses in the barn.  Last year he even
blanketed the Fjords.  These huge
fuzz balls looked at him as if they thought he was nuts.  They were finally
enjoying some cool weather and here
he comes with blankets!  But he thought they would feel deprived if only the
quarters and paints had blankets...