This message is from: Paula Steinmetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have a question for the whole list.  I would really appreciate the
input here, because I am at a loss as to what to do next...

I have a "draft" type Fjord, six years old and just a "hair" under 14h.
His problem: he is FAT.  I just don't know how else to adjust his
diet...We are in a boarding situation. He gets a "handful" and it is no
more than a handful of Strategy -just to make him think he is not being
left out when the others are fed their grain - and 2 flakes of hay a.m.
and p.m. He is turned out all afternoon. I suggested putting him on the
dry lot pasture because of his tendency to "pork up."  He is worked
twice a day - I am a dressage enthusiast. He is worked once by the
trainer in the morning and by myself at night, each time for about an
hour...He has been on this program for months and hasn't lost an ounce!
I worry about founder, of course. What else can I do to get the weight
off of him...?