<<   Using this pen, last year we were able  to train a young woman with total
paralysis of both legs, who had never been  on horseback, to ride our mare,
Kaia.  They went on to take a Gold Medal in  the Special Olympics.  >>

I love hearing this.  Congratulations to you for helping this lady out, and
congratulations to her for going the distance and making it to the Special
Olympics.

Someday, I hope Juniper will be there too.  She proves herself to me on an
almost daily basis.  Yesterday we were sidewalking my son.  He wanted to trot.
We asked her to, but she refused.  She NEVER refuses anything, unless I really
don't want to do what I'm asking (such as when a trainer asks me to take a
jump when I don't WANT to jump).  Anyway, she always trots when we ask her to
for Raymond.  No matter how much we asked, told her, demanded, she kept up a
steady, gentle walk.  Oooops.  The saddle was tilted ever so slightly to the
left, making my son off balance.  Fine at the walk, but he would have come off
at the trot.  Thank God she had horse sense, even if I wasn't as aware as I
shouldn't have been.  It was a stupid operator error on my part, but this
horse is just marvelous for the special kids!

Pamela