This message is from: Mike & Casey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ursula wrote:  Thank you, thank you, thank you Brian J. DVM, for your
very generous gift of time, facts and advice.

I add my thanks to hers.  It certainly made me look at Tyr with a
different perspective.

Also, thanks to those that wrote about measuring their horses once a
week or so.  I never thought about that, but can see where it makes much
better sense than eyeballing him for his rations.  I'm going to
implement that for Tyr beginning this week - since I don't want to end
up with a foundered Fjord!

Cynthia - I too, agree about the easy keepers.  My QH is a moderately
easy keeper, but still needs more food than Tyr.  I never thought Justin
would share his hay, but find that more and more they are nose to nose
at his hay bucket.

Do the rest of you find that your Fjords that are on a diet don't
respect electric fences?  Anneli and I had a conversation some time ago
about this very subject.  Tyr just shoves the fence strands up on his
mane and pushes on thru til it breaks.  Justin has learned to follow
Tyr.  He used to stand on the other side (like a good boy!) and just
look longingly at Tyr stuffing his face on the other side.  More
strands?  Hotter charger?  I hate to spend the time/effort/money in
doing those things if they don't work well.

If someone could let me know where I can send a picture of Tyr, and a
bit about ourselves, I'd appreciate it.  I enjoy reading about others so
much, and would like to add our little story to the site.

As always, I enjoy this digest so much.  Thank you, Ruthie, for letting
me know about it.

Casey and the crew