>From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Thu Sep  3 10:02:26 1998
From: Philip Petty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: fjordhorse-digest V98 #158
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 09:08:12 -0700

Julia,
        I believe most of the 'discussion' on Stallion behavior has
stopped because most people do not want to offend anyone. I think this
has been the case from the first with Fjord organizations. Most, I
repeat MOST, of the people who own Fjords are like them in that they are
easy going and do not want to seem to start a ruckus. In many ways
that's good but in cases like this and other problems in the past
someone will get mad not say anything then form a new organization. We
do not need more organizations, we need to strengthen the NFHR. The only
way to do that is by discussion.
        I for one have not said much on this topic. I know the horse,
but was not in Oregon. I have very strong feelings about the horse,
beautiful but 'ill mannered', I would not breed to him. That does not
mean he should not be used, it means I would not use him.
        As far an The American Evaluation, I do not agree with all of
it, but I think we are going in the right direction, lets keep improving
and working on it. In my opinion there is no options, we need to
evaluate behavior on all horses. All of the Fjords that are 'ill
behaved' should be taken out of the breeding pool.
        I've intentionally used the words 'ill behaved' because I do not
know how to define the behavior, that is one of the things that needs to
be discussed and developed by the American Evaluation Committee.
Philip Petty
Lochsa Fjords
Mica, WA 99023

Fjords around here are called Horses not ponies.