This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Julia,

It may very well be the mosquitoes or other insects.  A friend has a
Quarter horse who really breaks ou in hives with the bugs, especially the
mosquioes.  They were using the Homeopathic remedy "Apis Mellifica" (or
something like that, starts with APIS) and it relly worked.  the next year
they started feeding Garlic powder which kept the bugs off.

At 02:04 PM 7/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
>This message is from: Julia Will <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>>Julie,
>>One thing you may want to check into.  This spring and summer there
>>has been a problem in our area with the injectable strep(strangles)
>>vaccine causing several cases of hives, some severe and some mild.
>
>THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION, MARY, BUT WE HAVE NOT VACCINATED FOR STRANGLES,
>AND 2 OF THE HORSES WHO HAVE BROKEN OUT CAME FROM TWO DIFFERENT FARMS IN
>DIFFERENT STATES.  ONE CAME IN 6 WEEKS AGO AND THE OTHER 2 WEEKS AGO.  THEY
>ARE PASTURED A 1/4 OF A MILE FROM EACH OTHER ON OUR FARM, ONE DRINKING FROM
>A SPRING AND THE OTHER FROM OUR WELL WATER.  COULD IT BE AN INSECT RELATED
>PROBLEM?  THE MOSQUITOES ARE REALLY BAD THIS YEAR.   JULIE IN UPSTATE NEW
YORK

Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]