This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello from HOT So. Calif. 101 today, and even humid, big thunderheads out over
the high desert, and everyone fairly cranky!  Fjords hung out all day, didnt
move around much, but tonight when we were out doing chores ( it always cools
off at night here ) they got up and played! Went for a beautiful drive last
night, and we are all looking forward to Blue Earth...

 If I could put in my 2 cents worth, I would have to agree with the people
posting, that a two year old fjord should be growing up, not into heavy or
even daily training. They are just too immature, both physically and mentally.
I let my two year olds carry around a bit, and once in awhile get outfitted in
some type of harness, like a training sursingle, or a crupper, and they love
to walk around and show off to everybody that they are soooo cute. They get
ponied around town and hauled to shows, and tied up for the day, to learn
about life but as far as ride's and driving, we wait till their well into
their third year. Even then, its light stuff, and it seems like they change so
much until their five or so, that why risk it?

 Breeding is another issue, and with wild horses, most are bred at the
yearling/two year old stage, foaling with their first foal, at 2 or three.
With ours, we wait till their well into their third year, then breed late, to
foal at 4. This seems to set them up with
their still changing development, to make for an easier foaling carreer.

 ( We also work our pregnant mares, driving them till the last month or so,
and they stay very fit, and havnt had foaling problems, yet.

    Best regards to all... Lisa Pedersen