This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Regarding Australian saddles:  Yes they do fit Fjords, so long as you
let them know that is what you intend to use the saddle on.  I bought
my newest one from the Australian Saddle Co. in Malibu.  Colin was
very helpful.  It seems they are familiar with wide horses, maybe lots
of people buy their saddles for Fjords, I don't know.  Anyway, the
saddle fit both of my mares, Line and Flikke, and they are wide!!  You
get a guide book/pamphlet with your saddle which tells how it should
fit on your horse, where it should be positioned, how to care for it,
how to break it in, etc.  A video is also available to clue you in on
how to ride an Aussie.  All very helpful.  I enjoy my saddle.  I also
have a very old one I bought from a lady who hated it - she did't have
a proper fit for her or for her horse.  Her loss, my gain!  I still
use it on Line because it is so broken in.  Some people laugh at
Aussie saddles (get a real saddle, etc) but they are so comfortable I
figure let them laugh.  By the way, I also own and use a very old
"center fire" western saddle, which fits my gelding perfectly.
Hope this helps.
Mary

==
Mary Thurman