This message is from: "Betsy Bauer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi List - Part I,
Thanks Alison for keeping me straight, we're learning all the Pony Club
details.  I'm looking forward to the adventure... via horseback with my
daughter.  Yes, their safety rules are very nice.  Learn the safe way or no
way!  I find with Fjords though, kids get a false sense of safety because
the fjord is so calm. I keep harping on the proper way, "Just because your
fjord doesn't kick doesn't mean other horses won't."  But there's no better
way to introduce the beginner rider.

Thanks Amy, I had a nice chat with Woodrow about Smokey and Joe... I'm
working on helping him sell them.

Hi Mark & Ann - welcome to the list... visit me at
http://thesocket.com/~betsyb and we can see about finding you that new next
fjord....

 Part II,
    We, out here in California, have been very interested in the
Glucosamine & Chondroitin combination and do take the powder version of
"Grand Flex" one teaspoon for adults mixed in OJ or any liquid.  Or in pill
form I know a man, 52ish who has very bad knees and takes 1200 mg of Gluc /
900 mg Chon / with Vit. C..  It is packaged for horse (Grand Flex), same
ingrediants and cost less.  Joints and cartilage are replentished by this
herb and are mentioned in the book "the Arthritis Cure".   I am believing
the vitamin experts who say we have to supplement our diets, to feel the
best we can.  And if a Fjord needs our help that's what we're here for!

Ingvild, thanks for the research on that mare. I appreciate your time.

Marge, thanks for your educational entry.  It's different with Dad gone,
isn't it.  We can learn as we read and help one another...;-) Sorry you had
to go through all the ordeal of the last year.

Also, saw the video of the 15 h gelding that is available in Nebraska... He
is gorgeous!  English / Western / drives like a dream and even lets cats
ride too!
I guess he got too big for the therapeutic riding school... such a problem.
 No problem, I'm sure a new next family, or intermediate hunter / jumper is
looking for a nice Fjord.

Great Content, List!
     Betsy Bauer
http://www.thesocket.com/~betsyb