This message is from: "Alison Barr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Betsy Bauer wrote:

>         Next, we're heading to Pony Club - did you all know that this club
> isn't
> for just ponies?  Children 8 - 16,

In Canada, we go to 21. are you sure? I can't imagine anyone reaching the "A"
level
before 16.  I think the youngest on record was 16.

> learn equestrian and stable management
> skills including rallies, shows and lots of instruction.  Out here in
> California, it's nice to find equestrian emphasis as opposed to all the
> western interest.  Abbey likes English as her mom did 40+ years ago, but
> who's counting, right!

For all those interested, pony club is a nice way to introduce the young rider.
You don't need a fancy horse, or expencive stuff, just safe tack and a pony.
there
are lots of different things to participate in, and a wide variety of events.
For
example, if I had been a year older, I could have gone to south africa this
year,
to compete on borrowed horses/ponies in their huge show.  It ranges in
difficulty
from those who have never ridden before, to those who move on to national and
international events.