This message is from: "Susanne Grönqvist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Here comes rainy greetings from Sweden.

I´ve asked before, but there seems to be a very small interest
in tribes and family trees. All my free time, I spent doing family trees
on different fjords. Did you for example knew that there´s only four
stallionlines all over the world in the fjordbreeding ??
And how did it become like this ? I think this is very interesting,
because it must have been more than one stallion in the beginning.
The stallion which is the"father" to all four stalliontribes is called
Njaal N 166. And his great grandfather is Gange Rolv I N 42.
And the four lines is; Bergfast N 635, Håkon Jarl N 645,
Öyarblakken N 819 and Håkon ( Can´t remember his number right know ).
Here in Sweden, the most common line is Håkon Jarl, and the rarest
Öyarblakken. Of the 30 stallions we have in use right now, I think it´s
just 2 or maybe 3 who´s the Öyarblakken line.
When we started our breeding here in Sweden in the end of the 1950´s,
we imported stallions and mares from Norway. And most of the stallions
were back then Öyarblakkenline.
Which lines do you have in the rest of the world ?
All of the four ? Mail and tell me !
This can be a very interesting discussion !!

Rainy and cold greetings from Susan, Sweden