This message is from: Gail Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Selenium is washed out of the soil by rainfall.  Low rainfall places should
have selenium.  As I remember, the California Central Valley had some
selenium disasters relating to agricultural run-off being pumped into
sloughs where the water evaporated, thus concentrating the selenium and
causing waterfowl deaths.  When I lived in coastal British Columbia the hay
from the dry interior farming areas (irrigated alfalfa) was considered to be
a solution to the deficiency.  So you did not have to worry if you fed
interior, as opposed to coastal hay.

>We also have selenium deficient soil here in Upstate NY.  So far I haven't
>heard of anyone that is in an area where there is natural selenium present.
> Is there any such place?

>Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
>http://www.nfhr.com
>Mike May, Registrar