This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi all,

Jean says:At 01:56 PM 4/22/98 -0800, you wrote:
>This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The french mouth bits usually have a center piece that's too long in the 5
>1/2 inch, (they make up the size by making the center peice longer!)
>So here I go, yet another bit to try. BTW  Somewhere I have a 23 mm 5 1/2 "
>KK bit that I will sell (if I can find it)  It's too fat.  I also have a
>pair of 5 1/2" Buxton driving bits with the bar on the bottom of the shanks
>for pair work, as well as a couple of 5 1/2" liverpool bits.

Jean, Gunthar must have bigger bones AND a filthier sheath than every other
Fjord! :) The 5 5/8 snaffle I got for him is just barely big enought (I know
no one makes a 5 5/8 bit - bit this one is - I measured every snaffle in the
tack shop - meticulously.).  The 5 3/4 Glory Bit was still a bit snug.
Finally had to get a 6 inch Glory bit, although I think a 5 3/4 snaffle
loose ring or egg butt snaffle might do.

Would be interested in other's experiences with bits.  Gunthar, like Jean's
Bjorken, appears to have very little space in that mouth for anything that
is not food!

Gail

Gail Russell
Forestville CA