This message is from: Mike May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 08:10 AM 4/7/98 -0800, you wrote:
>This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>When Spring happens here in the North land, it happens in a hurry!  (Blink,
>and we're into summer!)   The Interior of Alaska, while being very cold in
>the winter, also gets quite warm in the summer, and we often have
>temperatures in the 90's in late June and July.
>
>We're now way ahead of most you you in daylight, with 14 hours and 15
>minutes, gaining 7 minutes a day!
>
>Jean in sunny and warm Fairbanks, Alaska, 52 degrees today!

You take me back 30 years with your note Jean!  I was in Alaska for a year
when I was in the Coast Guard.  I spent from Aug 66 - Aug 67 in Port
Clarence, AK.  It is about 70 miles north of Nome on a little spit of land
out from the mainland.  I was on a Loran Station up there.  It was cold in
the winter but we only got to a high of about 55 one day in the "Summer".

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Webster, NY, USA (Suburb of Rochester)