<<
 This message is from: "Julie Will" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 To all of you who are concerned/upset/delighted/angry/worried, or anything
 else about the newly published Rule Book, please understand that the NFHR
 does not "control" any of the shows.  The individual show committees can
 adopt all or part or none of these rules, as they see fit.  The rule book
 was intended as a guideline, and certainly it will be updated and modified
 as time goes on.  It is a start, not an end.  You can show in pajamas and
 night gowns if the show committee sees fit.  (With a hard hat, of course!)
 You can modify the rule book as your show committee sees fit, and give it to
 the judge for reference.

     Really Julie, ( ! ) because some of us questioned the ability of < most>
to go buy expensive chaps, to ride in one western class, does not mean we are
against any rule or this book.  Pajamas and Nightgowns ?  Im thinking that
the "no jean" rule is hardly a break to bring in nightclothes comments. Of
course there are a FEW I would pay to see ride in their PJ's. <g>  The good
folks of Blue Earth Mn. have struggled with this issue, of keeping their show
FRIENDLY and without requiring alot of expensive trappings to their country
farm type Fjord show.   I remember a few years ago, the subject of men
wearing " aprons " ( lap robes ) in formal driving classes was the hot topic
of the meeting, and last year, some kids still wore tennis shoes and no
helmets in kids classes.  There is always room for safety concerns and I
would encourage the clubs at large to buy a couple of kid sz. helmets to go
on the bitty ones, and encourage boots of course. BUT, the NO JEANS and
requiring of CHAPS seems like adornment issues and without a reason to make a
rule of it.  Just my humble opinion of course. <VBG>    Lisa Pedersen, Cedar
City UT. windy and 84* today.   PS  I personally aprove of the " must carry a
whip " rule.....as a normal safety issue, but Im also sure that there are a
few who have not learned to always have a whip in hand OR have horses that
have not learned to take cues from a whip.  Seems that it, in itself ,could
pose a safety risk to RERQUIRE people to do so, without prior notice.   LP