This message is from: GAIL RUSSELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I did get some nice footage for the video we're
>putting together to send out to prospective brides.
>
>Bye,  Peg Knutsen  http://www.eburg.com/~kffjord/

OK here.  I never intended to own a video camera.  Never wanted videos of my
children as toddlers cluttering the house - never watched, but always taking
up space.  Refuse to buy movie videos.  Do NOT want to be wandering around
with video camera resting on my shoulder taking videos.  Don't want any more
cables sitting around, more incomprehensible owners manuals.... NONE OF IT.
But....I now have a stallion.  And a maybe-grey-stallion-to-be.  And people
will want videos.  And I need a camcorder to take pictures of me riding and
driving, and of SO riding and driving - for self-improvement purposes.  So..
HELP, what shall I do.

When I go shopping for camcorders I end up in the 899 to 1499 range -
getting into the digital thing, and then the mini and then... It is like
buying computers.  In order to be state of the art you start feeling like
you have to buy the best or have an obsolete hunk of junk sitting around.
I've been trying to get my parents, my SO's parents, anyones parents! to
give us the old camcorders they never use.  No such luck. So.... what do I do?

I could find the funds for an expensive one - if I need to.  I could try to
buy an obsolete used one - but have no idea what to look for, or how durable
they are or...?  I had fantasies of getting the digital version, so I could
convert video to still and get great action shots for advertisements.  But
then it appears that you have to buy a FIREWIRE connection for your
computer...and it sounds like all that is in its infancy.

Anybody have any great advice - or a source to go to for the Idiots Guide to
Camcorders.

I did get some nice footage for the video we're
>putting together to send out to prospective brides.
>
>Bye,  Peg Knutsen  http://www.eburg.com/~kffjord/

Gail Russell
Forestville CA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]