This message is from: "Meredith Sessoms" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>This message is from: "Lynn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>How to the Fjords in the warmer climes cope? Do they not grow as thick
>winter coats as the ones that actually experience winter, or do they still
>go the whole hog in defiance of the temperature?

Here near Chattanooga, Tennessee, my horses get pretty darn thick coated.
Aagot was downright shaggy as a yearling, like a Shetland Pony, hence her
nickname will always be 'Shaggy'.   Aagot's gets long enough to blow in the
wind and Dorina's is like a plush rug with a bit of a wave over the rump!
But the adult horses coats aren't that much longer than some other horses I
see about the countryside, but I suspect they are a lot thicker.

Their adult coats are no where as long as the Fjords winter coats I've seen
in some photos from Northern climes.  All the same, I suspect they over
prepare for the South's winter weather.