This message is from: "Dave Walter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi List,
Just wanted to write and brag about the Fjords and their riders that were in
the breed demo at the Midwest Horse Fair in Madison Wisconsin held this last
weekend.  The riders were Pat Holland, Patti Walter, Rachel Clark,Melissa
Deneys, Joni Griffin, Nancy Hotovy, Jim Tyson & Lori Doney.  These 8 riders
are from 3 different states performed a drill team pattern.  It was rather
simple, but you have to realize we only had 10 minutes the day before to
practice.  Most of that time was used to match up the horses.  Our biggest
problem was one of the horses has a huge stride on him and it was hard for
the others to keep up to him.  He is not "rushy", just has a big stride.
The theme for this years fair was "Riding into the Future", it was decided
that we would have Fjords only riding this year with no driving horses.
Their is such a myth that Fjords only drive, or are only short and stocky.
It was thought this way we could show that Fjords do ride. Everyone did
great, the horses were calm and showed the Fjord disposition wonderfully.  I
was glad to have been one of the team, everyone was great to spend the
weekend with.  Midwest pulls about 50,000 spectators for this 3 day event.
It's a great time to spend with horses and horse people from all over the
Midwest.  Two of the Fjords were also in another demo doing a drill team
pattern over fences.  They were great!  Really showed that Fjords can and do
jump too.  We also had 4 colors representing the Fjords, white, gray, red
and brown.  We had several young Fjord in the demo, I believe their was one
3 yr. old, two 4 yr. olds, three 5 year olds, & a 7 and 9 yr. old.  Plus the
4 and 5 yr. olds really only had a year or less in training.  I was very
impressed with the group.  I did all the worrying for the group, you know
someone has to!  I really didn't have to, you'd think that I would learn not
to worry, maybe the Fjords will get through this thick head of mine!  It was
just great riding and being with other Fjord owners this last weekend,
Congratulations again everyone.  Thanks also to Janet Voltz, Tom & Ann Hans
for setting up the hospitality stall and being there along with the
Monheims, Sadlons, Fiedlers, probably shouldn't name names, will forget
someone. (sorry if I do)  A lot of hard work, but a lot of fun as well.
Hopefully we taught a lot of people that Fjords do make a great riding horse
as well as a great driving horse!
Patti Jo Walter