This message is from: "Anneli Sundkvist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sue wrote:
>>his sire was Ljosen and his dam was Laura. Can any one tell me
 about his sire?, his name sounds familiar.>>

I have som additional information about Ljosen: he was imported to Sweden in
1985 and has sired some very good stock here. I'm not updated on the
statistics, but I remember at least one daughter winning the prestigious annual
National show for 3 yo fillies in Sweden. I belive that there are more. He has
many diploma daughters, fillies who have earned the breeding diploma at the
aged of three by scoring 40 points out of 50 at the evaluation. Ljosen also has
sons approved for breeding. The stallion himself also has a successful
show-record.

Ljosen was foaled in 1977 and died just recently. His Swedish studbook number
was 145. I think most people would agree that Ljosen was one of the most
successfull stallions used in the Swedish breeding programmes in the late 80's
and early 90's.

Regards

Anneli