This message is from: Cynthia Madden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I am back from the New Mexico marathon 1900+ miles later and it was
great to visit Fjord people in Albuquerque, Las Cruces and Gallup.
This list has really improved the quality of my travel and it is great
to visit and meet people who love Fjords wherever I go . Sue, Gail and
Josie were very hospitable. I missed seeing Sue get her new horse by
one day as I had to leave early to avoid the weather. She was very
excited and still didn't know if he was going to hers. Duke couldn't
be going to a nicer home.

Annelli, I am also blessed enough to have an instructor in dressage with
Brent's attitude, though not quite up to his credentials. You are very
lucky.

Sheila, I agree with those who recommend you give your guy a little
more time to grow and mature and take his training at this point very
slowly. My instructors have always told me that a horse knows what to
do by the way he is tacked and they have no trouble adapting to
changes. Fjords, who are especially intelligent as a rule, should
really have no trouble changing roles as needed. When Steve returns
from the evaluation seminar I will have him tell you about watching
Taffy in Guffy, CO demonstrate her FJord mare in western, hunter, and
dressage mode without even changing tack, but by just changing her
rein and seat.

I would also recommend that you look into Linda Tellington-Jones
techniques to help your horse gain confidence in himself and you. I
think her techniques are particularly good for a fearful horse.

I am going out to clean up Tank some more and drive this afternoon to
refresh his memory before he introduces people to driving at our club's
clinic next week. It will be nice to go down the road at less than 70
miles an hour after the last week.

Cynthia Madden         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Omaha, Nebraska USA