This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>Jean in Alaska, why do you say no bran mashes?  A friend of mine has a fjord
>who was so fat he foundered and she still insists on bran mashes with
>supplements etc.

Jean Gayle, I think you just said why! :)  They don't NEED it.  Maybe a
mare after she foals, but for regular everyday feeding a gelding in normal
use? Why? If you want feel good about treating your fjord to something
special cut up a bunch of carrots! They LOVE carrots and they're relatively
non-fattening with a lot of vitamins.

I had to reduce by half the little amount of grain my guys were getting,
since it has warmed up and they seemingly fattened up on sunshine!  AND I
felt so "guilty" about taking that bit of grain, which they love so much,
away from them! I feel like I'm depriving my babies of their favorite thing
but I know it's in their best interest!

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, still brushing off fjord hair after riding
Bjorken today. +43F degrees and sunny, snow melting!

Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]