This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 09:50 PM 2/29/00 -0500, you wrote:
This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

OooooK, so maybe I'm a bit slow or something; I thought this year's letter
was "N".  Am I mixed up, or did I miss something?  And here I thought I was
ahead of the game by trying to find "N" names for our babies before they
actually arrive.  Should I be looking for "V" names instead?  Can you
straighten me out here Mike?

Yes I can.

The NFHR does NOT use the year letters for names. That is something that some breeders do & is done in Holland. The NFHR uses a letter to designate the year of birth in the registration number of the horse. You are correct that 2000 is the N year by the way. I believe that V is the letter for the names in Holland this year.

Does that help?

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar