This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Lori Albroughj has put picture of two of my fjords on her website.
(Thanks, Lori!)

My mare Stella (Stella II) was imported by the Unraus from Norway along
with her dam Line in l981. Her sire is Butind N1697.
Stella was born in l977, the  picture was taken in l989.    She is 14-3 hh.
She is lighter boned than Line, has very good hooves.   I think her hind
leg is a bit too straight, However all of her offspring have very good
hindquarters. She was approved for breeding in Norway.

Stella has two sons who are 15-2hh, Anvil's Solvaktig (White dun?..no
stripe) and Bjorken, light brown dun. She also has a son by Rusten, Anvil's
Borgen, who is not as tall and is a breeding stallion owned by  Allison
Bakken. She has three daughers, one still in Norwayas well as  Anvil's
Stina, an ulsdun owned by the Unraus and Two Rivers Bjelke (somehwere in
California or the Northwest)
http://www.capable.on.ca/clinic/Stella.jpg
http://www.capable.on.ca/clinic/Stellahead.jpg

My big gelding Bjorken was born in l987.  His sire is Anvil's Rikolv owned
by George Weaver.    Bjorken is 15-2hh  and has good withers (which
probably add 2" to his height.) He is rather light boned for his size and I
would guess would be marked down at an evaluation for that as well as for
"breed type" as  I don't consider him real "typey" . I never considered
keeping him as a stallion.  He is a wonderful riding horse with a great
personality and very gentle and I love his size as I am pretty tall.

http://www.capable.on.ca/clinic/Bjorken1.jpg
http://www.capable.on.ca/clinic/Bjorken2.jpg

I have posted these picture to show how some traits are passed on as well
as to show off my favorite fjords!

Be gentle with your comments! LOL

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska where it is clear and cool, (-8) but will be
sunny and gorgeous later. Perfect for ice carving and dogsledding!

Jean Ernest
Fairbanks, Alaska
[EMAIL PROTECTED]