This message is from: "Larson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have really enjoyed the discussion on Reining, especially some of Gayle
Ware's comments.  She describes the concept of "loose rein" extremely well.
Many reining trainers refer to it as "throwing the reins away".  It's an apt
description.  I have been in love with reining for many years and can spend
hours watching my husband train.  The fluid movement and the near
"telepathy" between rider and horse is a sight to behold.  My husband is
fond of saying a reiner's cues are the riders mind and his butt.

Someone mentioned curb bits in reining.  There are also snaffle bit
competitions (three and under) and hackamore competitions.

If you have the opportunity to watch them, do so.  It's really art in
motion, much like dressage.