This message is from: "Bushnell's" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 01:46 PM 02/06/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>Am I getting the idea that we should not "hit" our horses when they are out
>of order???????

Put me in mind of a time when we were trying to load up my Arab at a well
attended horse event; she usually loaded well but this particular day she
refused and we were attempting to gracefully coax, cajole, (beg), and were
about to go for the butt roap when an old-timer cowboy sauntered past,
packing a whip, and he nonchalantly popped her a good one without breaking
stride! She shot in like a hockey puck. We wouldn't have done that but were
grateful that he did, and I confess we've had to use his trick once since.
Of course with Fjords that's not necessary =)

Ruthie, NW MT