This message is from: "Jean Gayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Fiona, we have tansy ragwort here too.  There is a caterpillar that eats it
and eventually destroys it.  I borrowed a few caterpillars from a friend
whose tree farm had been treated with the bugs.  I do not have a problem at
this time, only one small patch that I pull each year.  Ran out of
caterpillars.  I hear that burning the plants circulates the seeds.  This is
a deadly plant as horses build up a residue in their system and it
eventually kills them.. A bit like xray, as you do not notice anything until
it is too late.  Fortunately unless you have a horse who will eat anything,
fjords?, there is a bad taste to the plant.  My Charlie ate the heads off
six plants when he was five months that I had not seen.  So far so good.

Also it is my understanding that creosote is no longer allowed here?  Jean

Jean Gayle
Aberdeen, WA
[Authoress of "The Colonel's Daughter"
Occupied Germany 1946 TO 1949 ]