This message is from: joel harman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Stated very eloquently but I doubt you will change many minds here. Mine
doesn't need changing. I have a great respect for mules. Wish I was smart
enough to work them.

Just curious where is your part of the country?

The draft horse show in Sandpoint ID will not allow fjords there because
pound for pound they outpull the big boys.

When I'm allowed to go to draft horse shows I just tell all the teamsters I
may have to use 3 where they only use 2 but my 3 still eat less than their
2.

Once they see the fjords pull I'm accepted. I enjoy talking to the teamsters
cause lots of them are older than dirt & have alot to teach me which I am
interested in learning.

That is what keeps me going back to the Pendleton Round Up Parade year after
year. After the parade all the teamsters sit around & tell lies.  It is also
exciting to be in a parade with  about 500 other horses being ridden as well
as driven. There are some well maintained old buggys & carriages owned by
the Round Up association that are used in the parade. They  feed your horses
& pay you to pull one of their vehicles.

Not that anybody cares but I would much rather see discussions about equine
related issues than baby pictures. Not everyone agrees. But that is what
makes the world interesting - isn't it?

Thanks again for the comments on crossbreeding without editorial comment.

Bye

Joel Harman