This message is from: sini seppala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Interesting! Thanks for sharing this. I wonder if the stripes in the
picture could also refer to a long-haired winter coat as there are
almost no stripes on the legs (where they usually are) and as the other
animals (at least the deer) seem to have the same kind of stripes. Don't
know. Your guess sounds as good.

How old is this picture? How do you know it's a Fjord? As the Vikings
had horses on their ships when they travelled to what are now called
Greenland and Britain as well as along the rivers through what is now
Russia to Southern Asia I guess they may have brought some new horses
home, too, at times. Have heard the Arabian influence would be the
reason for the typical Fjord head with a dish.
Sini.http://www.saunalahti.fi/~partoy/Juhola6.html