This message is from: Lori Albrough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Denise Delgado wrote:

> thanks becky for your comments. your barn sounds great.  i think i'll try a
> dirt floor, topped with gravel then with rubber mats over.  any water can go
> through the cracks or out the edge.

I have the Groundmaster mats, laid over stone dust in the stalls. The mats
are made of a sort of lightly pebbled plasticy stuff with holes in, like an
egg carton, the edges of the holes extend down a bit into the stone dust.
The wet drains away very well. I like them a lot. The mats come in one piece
which is sized to your stall so no seams, they are held down by pins you
drive through a few of the holes all around the edges.

The only downside is if you bed with straw, as in a foaling stall, the
little foal feet can go down through the straw and make contact with the mat
which is a bit slippery when they are cantering around the stall. So, in the
foaling stalls I used rubber mats, which I also laid over packed stone dust.

I got the Groundmaster mats from a company in Michigan, they advertise in
the back of horse magazines.

Lori A.