This message is from: "Knutsen Fjord Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi List -

Jean E., your barn/stable system sounds very workable to me.  I would love
to be able to feed without walking the 100+ yards to the barn in our winter
weather - minus 5 this AM, but with lots of pretty snow.  And this morning
we were also hauling water since the barn water isn't hooked up yet, nor are
many of our fancy heated buckets and troughs, and the faucet we've been
using for the hose Doug brings in every night froze and broke.

As I write, Doug is out in the tack room hooking up the water temporarily,
so at least we'll only have to haul across the barn aisle.  I feel like a
real greenhorn!  Oh well, I AM a greenhorn, so I guess it's OK. While I'm on
the subject, I'm going to reveal a real greenhorn secret.  I may get a
Wintec wide-tree western saddle to start out.  There, it's out.  I can
handle all the scoffing and scorn, I'm sure.  I began riding in an English
Wintec and found it to be just what I needed - cheap, light, indestructable,
and reasonably well-fitting.  I now ride in a Crosby Soft Seat.  I expect to
do the same kind of thing with the western saddle - find out what I really
want before I invest in a nice one.

So Jean, don't be envious, we're not all that well set up yet.  Come on out
to visit as we discussed, and you can see for yourself.   Peg Knutsen,
Knutsen Fjord Farm