This message is from: Jon & Mary Ofjord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If any of you have the book "Fjordhesten - Menneskevennen" (Fjord horse -
Friend of man), there is a picture - which looks to me like an actual
photograph - on page 140.  There is another picture - artist's rendition -
of him on page 158 and in that picture he looks like a bay, with an eye
that makes him look like a Merry-Go-Round horse.  That is not a flattering
picture.  The Photo on page 140 looks better,  He looks like a dark colored
horse, and shows no white in his tail and very dark socks up over the knee.
 Judging by the handler standing behind him, he appears to be on the small
side, probably no more than 14HH.  I wish more of you could see this
picture, because it is the only photograph I have seen of him.  Maybe
someone could scan it and set it up on the NFHR page (something more to do,
Mike).

As far as Fjords bucking.....well, I wouldn't want to put a leg up on any
one of ours when they come snorting and running up from the pasture!  I had
also heard the term "Sunfishing" meant the horse's hind legs went up so far
that the sun touched his belly - hence the term sun-fishing, a really high
buck.  Hopefully, I'll never have to ride one out!  I can't even stay on
the "sofa-style" buck.  And someone said....."Sit deep in the seat, don't
have a death grip on the reins. etc,etc...."  Ya, I'll have a heck of a
time remembering all that while I'm trying to keep myself centered between
the horse and the ground! Ha!

Mary Ofjord
North Coast Fjords in snowy northern Minnesota