This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- Misty Meadows B & B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> This message is from: Misty Meadows B & B
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> We share a common fenceline with our neighbors
> alpaca and llama farm. I  They often stand
> beside each other across the
> fenceline during the day and do enjoy each other's
> company.
>
> Last year at the Saanich fair the owner of the horse
> in the stall adjacent to our
> stallion asked about the odd sounds he made at
> times. Yup- the alpacas have taught
> him to hum.

Cathy,

That is great - I haven't heard any of my Fjords hum
like a llama yet, but Line does make a "growling"
noise.  I don't remember if she did it when we bought
her or not.  I don't think she had been exposed to
llamas/alpacas before she came to us, as she was a
little "surprised" by them the first day.

Does Drey hum also?  Just wondered, as she grew up
here, right across the fenceline from the llamas.

Mary

=====
Mary Thurman
Raintree Farms