This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 11:50 PM 1/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Anne,

Since we are on this topic of type, your story from Norway left me a little
confused. It sounds like the judges where just going for looks and the pretty
face instead of function. I'd take a real homely, nice mover over a gorgeous
looking, average one. What's that old saying, "beauty is as beauty does"...or
something like that. But maybe I am brainwashed by years of working with
warmbloods!

Have you seen any of the "Beautiful" halter style Quarter Horses that can't even be ridden these days? Sometimes beauty is only skin deep too Elaine.

I think what Anne was saying about the ones in Norway was that the beautiful one got the nod was that it also fit the "Type" better than the other one did. Not because it was "Beautiful" so to speak. Perhaps it was "Beautiful" because it was of the correct "Type".

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Registrar
Voice 716-872-4114