This message is from: "Michele Bigelow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have a question for you folks with experience in training young stock.  My
4 year old has started an annoying habit of tossing his head.  Usually this
is at the end of a trail ride (and we still have a ways to go) of 85%
through a workout in the ring.  I am thinking that he might be tired or
expressing frustration, but I was hoping to hear what others have
experienced.

The other habit I am working on right now is his tendency to buck while
cantering through the woods.  This is the only time he bucks, so we think it
is an "expression of exuberance" .  Mom will do the same when she is feeling
good.  I do correct him, as I really do not want to be launched....a friend,
and experienced rider, just had his pelvis broke into two pieces after being
bucked off a horse.  Is this something others have experienced with young
horses?  Will he grow out of it?

RE:  Feeding Fjords.  I wanted to share what I found to be the perfect grain
for Fjords and other easy keepers (all of my horses qualify for this).  We
started feeding Triple Crown Lite, you know the add with the picture of a
horse with a piggy tail.  I feed my guys a pound in the am and p.m., along
with hay (3 times a day). and they have not gained as much weight as they
have in the past.  I also do not have to go out and spend a fortune on
vitamins and mineral mixes.

Michele